Dear Emerson Families,
It is with great excitement that I welcome you to a new year at Emerson Elementary. I am delighted at the opportunity to get to know all of you and engage in the educational process together. The elementary years are critical times of development for students and families alike, and I look forward to working with all of you to make this year successful.
Our staff is committed to collaborating with students and their families as a team. We believe in providing quality lessons focused on student learning and in helping each child achieve his/her fullest potential. In order to accomplish this, the school provides both enrichment and intervention supports for students. We believe in knowing and serving each child by “name and need.”
We will be sending home important information the first day of school, but in order to help you better prepare, here are a few helpful reminders:
- First Day of School – Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- School Hours – 8:00 – 2:30
- Building Hours- The building will be open each morning at 7:10 a.m.
- Car-Riders – May be dropped off beginning at 7:10 a.m. Students arriving after 8:00 are tardy and must be walked into the building.
- Parents may walk students to class the first 3 days of school. Starting Monday, August 12th parents will not be permitted to walk students to class.
- Students are not allowed to walk unescorted from the front parking lot into the building. Parents may escort children into the building from front parking lot.
- Breakfast – Students eating breakfast must arrive by 7:30.
- Lunch – Full price is $2.40 and Reduced price is $0.40.
- Lunch – Due to limited space in the cafeteria, parents are only allowed to eat lunch with their child(ren) on special occasions.
- After School Care is available. Children must be registered to participate.
- Transportation Changes- All transportation changes must be made in writing and sent to your student’s homeroom teacher. If a change in transportation needs to be made during school hours, you may send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation changes will not be accepted after 2:00 pm.
- Early Check-out- All early check-outs must be done prior to 2:10. Students cannot be checked out after 2:10.
- Dismissal – Dismissal will begin at 2:30. Car-riders must be picked up no later than 2:45.
- Visitors- ALL visitors, must report to the front office to sign in and receive a visitor sticker. This is required for any visitor entering the building and is for your child’s safety.
- Car-Riders- Car rider tags will be available at open house. Anyone not having a car rider tag will be required to present identification and be cleared for pick-up by the front office staff.
- School Messenger – Our school utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts, etc. directly to your mobile phone. You can participate in the free service just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587.
Again, we are looking forward to a wonderful school year! Please let us know if we can assist you in any way.
Tracy Mulkey, Principal
“Invest in the Nest at EES”