Dear Emerson Families,
Welcome! It is with great excitement that we welcome you to Emerson Elementary. The Faculty and Staff look forward to working with each and every student, parent, and community member. We at Emerson Elementary are honored and privileged to be a part of your child’s education.
The elementary years are critical times of development for students and families alike, and our goal is to provide a safe, academically challenging, student-centered learning environment where all students are engaged in relevant and meaningful instruction. We strongly believe every student should be challenged and held accountable for performing to his/her potential. We also believe that a strong collaborative relationship with parents is essential to the success of the students, and we encourage you as parents to find ways to become involved in your child’s education.
As a student-centered environment, we value and protect instructional time and work hard to create a positive culture where learning is top priority. Student attendance is extremely important and helps to ensure your child is academically prepared to succeed in the 21st century. Various celebrations are held throughout the year to encourage and promote academics, positive behavior, and attendance.We will be sending home important information the first day of school, but in order to help you better prepare, here are a few helpful reminders:
- First Day of School – Tuesday, August 1, 2017
- School Hours – 8:00 – 2:30
- Building Hours- The building will be open each morning at 7:10 a.m.
- Breakfast – Breakfast will be provided at no charge to all students. Students eating breakfast must arrive by 7:30.
- Lunch – Full price is $2.40 and Reduced price is $0.40.
- After School Care is available. Children must be registered to participate.
- Transportation Changes- All transportation changes must be made in writing and sent to your student’s homeroom teacher. In the event of an emergency change in transportation during school hours, you may send an email to the following address: email@example.com
Transportation changes will not be accepted after 2:00 pm.
- Early Check-out- All early check-outs must be done prior to 2:10. Students cannot be checked out after 2:10.
- Dismissal – Dismissal will begin at 2:30. Car-riders must be picked up no later than 2:45.
- Visitors- ALL visitors, must report to the front office to sign in and receive a visitor sticker. This is required for any visitor entering the building and is for your child’s safety.
- Car-Riders- Car rider tags will be available at open house. Anyone not having a car rider tag will be required to present identification and be cleared for pick-up by the front office staff.
- Remind 101- Parents are encouraged to subscribe to Remind 101 to receive EES notices, announcements, weather alerts, and news specific to the school. Parents, if you aren’t already subscribed, please sign up by texting 81010 and entering @eesparent. Flyers are available with instructions in the office lobby.
Again, we look forward to working with you all this year. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have throughout the school year.
Tracy Mulkey, Principal
Soaring to New Heights